I only review books that have blown my mind, helped me grow and taught me things I couldn’t possibly have figured out for myself.
My reviews are bulleted for easy consumption.
10 lessons I’ve learnt from Super Attractor – one of my favourite books of 2019.
1) One of the best ways to get into the flow of the Universe, and therefore attract what you desire, is to feel good! This is a wonderful lesson that I find myself reaching for again and again. When you’re feeling anxious or tired or worried or down or irritable – reach for something that will make you feel good. This can be anything from an appreciation practice to a great song to looking at photos of your kids. It’s amazingly easy and effective!
2) Knowing we’re being guided by the Universe is freeing and empowering. We need to stop pushing for an outcome and shift to receiving mode. Surrender is a wonderful feeling and is also the best way to align yourself with the Universe’s creative flow
3) Nothing is too good to be true. When things start to go right for us, our egos step in and make us paranoid. We need to shift away from this into appreciation of what we’ve manifested and to ENJOY it!
4) Remember to stop obsessing over the next outcome or goal and enjoy the ride
5) REJECTION IS PROTECTION. If what we think we want doesn’t manifest, it’s often because the Universe has an even better plan for us or because we have more learning to do before we’re ready to receive that thing. When we release the fear of rejection we can dream bigger and more freely
6) If others are getting what you want, don’t get mired in jealousy – see it as a wink from the universe that you’re getting closer to getting it too
7) Choose to see every situation in light instead of in dark, because “miracles are seen in light.”
8) Prayer and meditations are great ways to get into alignment with the Universe. In prayer we ask and in meditation we listen. There are so many archangels (listed in detail) and spirit guides whom we can ask for help. A great practice is to invoke the help of the spirit world for small things to get us used to surrendering to the Universe on big things too
9) A great way to get into alignment with the Universe on your desires is to align them with service and inspiration. If you feel inspired because what you want to manifest will truly serve others and is for the highest good, then yo’ull have the confidence to believe that the Universe has your back
10) You can ask the Universe for very specific signs by a certain deadline, to let you know that you’re on the right path. [Sara: After reading this chapter in Super Attractor one morning, I asked the Universe to show me the numbers 1111 (a common metaphysical sign) within the next 24 hours if writing my new book was the right thing for me to do. When I came downstairs afterwards, the clock on my oven showed me 11:11.]
My 10 favourite quotes:
“Pushers have a fear-based belief that if they’re not super productive, nothing will happen for them. Little do they know that their pushy energy is blocking their capacity to attract! The Universe doesn’t respond as well to frantic energy.”
“Let me be very clear: we don’t have time to dwell in our drama. Being committed to a spiritual path means that we’re ready to wake up fast. We need to make feeling good our highest priority and do whatever it takes to be Super Attractors.”
“We have it all twisted! We think that we must live in fear in order to get something we want, which will then allow us to feel good. But the truth is that once you feel good, you start to easily attract what you desire! When we make feeling good our priority, everything else can flow.”
“I’ve learned to see rejection as a form of protection. I trust that when something doesn’t work out the way I planned, it’s because there’s something far greater in store for me.”
“Each day ask yourself, “How can I serve?” Asking this question puts you into alignment with the Universe. I remember Dr. Wayne Dyer saying, “When you ask yourself, ‘How can I serve?’ the Universe responds, ‘How can I serve you?’”
“Make it your priority to have fun even when things aren’t working out the way you planned or when your manifestations haven’t arrived yet. Trust that the more fun you have, the more you speed up the manifesting process. Having fun along the way shifts your energy to certainty. When joy becomes your default, you become certain that everything will work out, even if the end result is different from what you planned.”
“I still live with so much emphasis on a world that I don’t want to see: a world of attack, hatred, anger, and resentment. A world of struggle, pain, disappointment, and suffering. But I’ve come to believe that the only way out of that world of darkness is to choose to see the light as often as possible. Seeing the light is a practice, and it requires our willingness to suspend our disbelief. We must get into the habit of seeing with light.”
“Taking action from a spiritually aligned place is an awesome feeling. You don’t question yourself, you’re upbeat, and you know you’re on the right track.”
“The goal of this book is to help you release control and allow the Universe to support your desires. The fastest way to let go of control is to be in a state of appreciation. When you assume this energy, you feel good in the present moment regardless of whether your desires have manifested, and you’re having fun along the way to what you want.”
“As you start to feel better, you will need to embrace the idea that you can have a new baseline for your happiness. When you have a new baseline for your happiness, you accept that it’s safe to feel good, it’s natural to thrive, and your desires can flow to you easily.”
You can buy Super Attractor on Amazon.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.